- Which is the peak season to visit Maldives?
Peak season to visit Maldives is from November to April , which is also dry weather with no rains
- Which season is best to strike great and cheap resort deals?
The wet and rainy season lasts roughly from May till October. This time of the year is also best for surfing, and you will be lucky to strike amazing deals during this time.
- Which currency is used in Maldives?
Official currency of Maldives is Maldivian Rufiyaa, but the resorts and shops charge in US Dollar $. Majority resorts prefer payments by card.
- Is visa on arrival available?
Yes, free 30 day visa on arrival/tourist visa is granted to all nationalities, if they satisfy basic entry requirements on arrival.
- Is quarantine mandatory for tourists?
Quarantine is not required for tourists who do not have COVID19 symptoms.
- Is RT PCR still required?
The RT PCR report is currently not required.
- Can un-vaccinated Tourists travel to Maldives?
Yes, irrespective of your vaccination status you are allowed to enter.
- Which form one needs to fill before landing and departing from Maldives?
Every passenger needs to fill a mandatory Travel Declaration Form within 96hrs of the flight time at IMUGA.
- Is web check-in mandatory for airlines?
Majority of airlines have web check open 48 to 72 hrs prior departure. It is better to confirm with your airlines if web check is mandatory.
- What mode of transfer is preferable to travel from Male to islands in Maldives?
There are 3 types of transportation. One is seaplane which is expensive, 2nd one is speed boat transfer and 3rd is domestic flights for few islands.
- What are usually the timings of seaplane?
Seaplanes fly from morning 6 am till 3.30 pm, 7 days a week . Last seaplane will take off before sunset for visibility and safety issues. One needs to arrive in Maldives till 3.30 pm to catch the last seaplane. For more details on seaplane click here
- What documents are required for immigration in Maldives?
Coming Soon with a Blog for detailed information on all the documents required for immigration in Maldives
- How much does a seaplane cost?
As mentioned earlier, sea planes are pretty expensive and the return trip can cost from 200 -500 US $ per person from Male airport.
- Can you bring alcohol into Maldives?
No. Maldives being an Islamic country you are not allowed to bring liquor to Maldives.
- Is Travel Insurance mandatory in Maldives?
Travel Insurance is not mandatory for arriving in Maldives, but majority of the resorts do need a travel insurance and it is advisable to buy one.
Things to know before travelling to Maldives 2023
All the information one needs to know before landing in Maldives